Join Our Team
Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Northern and Southern Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, New Mexico and Wisconsin, providing professional legal services to our clients is our top priority. We are a client focused and results oriented firm, and recognize that our success is entirely dependent upon our people. Cassiday Schade employs skilled trial lawyers who consistently achieve favorable results.
We are not your average law firm, here, everyone is a valued member of the team. We pride ourselves on having a cohesive, collaborative work environment and an open door policy that facilitates communication at every level of the organization.
We know that people matter.
Cassiday Schade is known for our collaborative work environment. Whether you are an administrative staff member, an associate attorney, or a partner, you are part of the team. The tenure of employment by many speaks volumes about the care we take to create an atmosphere where people look forward to coming to work. Our firm is a place where doors are open, new ideas are encouraged and professional development is prioritized.
Diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities for all are key.
At Cassiday Schade, diversity is more than just a statement, it is a priority. Our firm is committed to promoting equal opportunities, fostering a respectful and professional workplace culture, and encouraging growth potential for all. By embracing diversity, we are able to better serve both our employees and our clients and maintain the highest legal standards. Read our EEO policy.
Merrillville & Indianapolis, IN Attorney
Cassiday Schade, LLP is currently seeking an attorney with 3-7 years of experience in civil litigation defense for its Merrillville and Indianapolis offices. The ideal candidate will have experience drafting and arguing motions, taking and defending depositions, and providing factual and legal analysis to clients.
Interested candidates should forward their resume, transcripts, and writing sample to Careers@cassiday.com.
Chicago, IL Associate Attorney (Litigation)
Cassiday Schade LLP is a litigation defense firm headquartered in Chicago, with a presence throughout the Midwest. We focus on providing our clients with exceptional and efficient representation. With experience in virtually all areas of civil litigation, we have a diverse client base and our attorneys provide companies of various sizes with extensive trial experience and case preparation acumen. We represent individuals and companies in a variety of industries, including health care, long-term care, insurance, manufacturing, construction, professional services and transportation.
Our Chicago, IL office is actively seeking an associate attorney interested in practicing among our team of more than 100 attorneys who value legal acumen, open and honest communication, integrity and professionalism. Cassiday Schade LLP offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package in a dynamic work environment that provides substantial opportunities for growth and professional development.
Cassiday Schade LLP seeks a dedicated and highly-motivated Associate Attorney with two to five years of litigation experience. Must be licensed to practice in Illinois. This is an exceptional opportunity to handle a variety of personal injury defense and general litigation matters in a variety of areas in a collaborative environment.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
The individual must:
· demonstrate strong legal research and analytical skills;
· proactively work both independently and as part of a team;
· exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· navigate hearings in state and federal court with poise and professionalism;
· be proficient with Lexis and MS Office.
Responsibilities include handling a substantial caseload involving a variety of areas, including general liability, medical malpractice, construction negligence and transportation. Candidates are expected to perform the following tasks under the direction of a partner:
· draft pleadings, motions, orders, discovery and legal memoranda;
· prepare and respond to written discovery;
· conduct legal research;
· take and defend depositions;
· review client documents, draft case evaluations and prepare status report correspondence;
· assist with and participate in mediations, pretrial settlement conferences and court appearances; and,
· interact directly with clients, claim professionals, opposing counsel, colleagues and staff.
To apply, please email your cover letter, CV, references and writing sample to Careers@cassiday.com.
Chicago, IL Legal Billing Specialist
The Legal Billing Specialist role is responsible for editing and processing complex client invoices pursuant to attorney instructions and client guidelines. This job requires heavy communication and excellent attention to detail in order to effectively resolve concerns that may arise within the workload. The ideal candidate is exceedingly organized, service oriented and has experience with automated time and billing systems. This is a high volume workload position where the ability to prioritize is key.
- Communicates professionally and courteously with partners, attorneys, and staff, client and client vendors while maintaining confidentiality of client and firm matters
- Finalizes time in Elite one day a week from the connecting time entry system (iTimekeep)
- Sets up billing related information on the matter master file for new cases received from Conflicts
- Ensures Realization is set up correctly based on instructions received on the case intake form and/or the originating attorney
- Proactively ensures that new files or newly split files are added to the billing sites prior to first date of billing
- Maintains any matter level data mapping between Elite, Billblast and the billing sites
- Proactively requests budget on new files and tracks budget status throughout the life of the matter so that invoices are not rejected at the time of billing, if applicable
- Tracks SIR/Deductible amounts throughout the life of the matter to ensure invoices are sent to the correct paying party, if applicable
- Notes Reservation of Rights status on tendered files, if applicable
- Updates billing related information received through the File Modification inbox throughout the life of the file
- Sends any write downs over the threshold to the managing partner for approval
- Sends negative costs to AR or AP for refund processing, if necessary
- Processes any adjustments noted on proformas
- Attaches any missing back up required for billing
- Competes and notates within Billblast any necessary follow up action for invoices that are rejected on e-billing websites until the invoice has been successfully submitted
- Closes files in Elite as noted on the proforma or File Close Memo
- Other projects as necessary
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to identify and reconcile discrepancies
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Fundamental Microsoft Excel skills
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Elite Enterprise or Aderant experience preferred
- Law firm background desired
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes electronically to email@example.com.
St. Louis, MO
CASSIDAY SCHADE LLP, a mid-sized litigation firm, is recruiting for a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant to join its St. Louis, MO office.
General duties will include, but are not limited to: transcription of legal documents; scanning, saving, and profiling documents into the firm’s Document Management System; filing both electronically and in the physical file; closing files; assisting with reception; and other projects as assigned. Candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills, the ability to multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will have general office experience (law firm experience is a plus, but not required). Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office; have some familiarity with civil litigation (medical malpractice) experience; and a working knowledge of court procedure, including electronic filing, although all experience levels will be considered. Excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with skills.
Qualified candidates may submit applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.