Join Our Team
Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Northern and Southern Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, New Mexico and Wisconsin, providing professional legal services to our clients is our top priority. We are a client focused and results oriented firm, and recognize that our success is entirely dependent upon our people. Cassiday Schade employs skilled trial lawyers who consistently achieve favorable results.
We are not your average law firm, here, everyone is a valued member of the team. We pride ourselves on having a cohesive, collaborative work environment and an open door policy that facilitates communication at every level of the organization.
We know that people matter.
Cassiday Schade is known for our collaborative work environment. Whether you are an administrative staff member, an associate attorney, or a partner, you are part of the team. The tenure of employment by many speaks volumes about the care we take to create an atmosphere where people look forward to coming to work. Our firm is a place where doors are open, new ideas are encouraged and professional development is prioritized.
Diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities for all are key.
At Cassiday Schade, diversity is more than just a statement, it is a priority. Our firm is committed to promoting equal opportunities, fostering a respectful and professional workplace culture, and encouraging growth potential for all. By embracing diversity, we are able to better serve both our employees and our clients and maintain the highest legal standards. Read our EEO policy.
Chicago, IL Associate Attorney (Litigation)
Cassiday Schade LLP is a litigation defense firm headquartered in Chicago, with a presence throughout the Midwest. We focus on providing our clients with exceptional and efficient representation. With experience in virtually all areas of civil litigation, we have a diverse client base and our attorneys provide companies of various sizes with extensive trial experience and case preparation acumen. We represent individuals and companies in a variety of industries, including health care, long-term care, insurance, manufacturing, construction, professional services and transportation.
Our Chicago, IL office is actively seeking an associate attorney interested in practicing among our team of more than 100 attorneys who value legal acumen, open and honest communication, integrity and professionalism. Cassiday Schade LLP offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package in a dynamic work environment that provides substantial opportunities for growth and professional development.
Cassiday Schade LLP seeks a dedicated and highly-motivated Associate Attorney with two to five years of litigation experience. Must be licensed to practice in Illinois. This is an exceptional opportunity to handle a variety of personal injury defense and general litigation matters in a variety of areas in a collaborative environment.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
The individual must:
· demonstrate strong legal research and analytical skills;
· proactively work both independently and as part of a team;
· exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· navigate hearings in state and federal court with poise and professionalism;
· be proficient with Lexis and MS Office.
Responsibilities include handling a substantial caseload involving a variety of areas, including general liability, medical malpractice, construction negligence and transportation. Candidates are expected to perform the following tasks under the direction of a partner:
· draft pleadings, motions, orders, discovery and legal memoranda;
· prepare and respond to written discovery;
· conduct legal research;
· take and defend depositions;
· review client documents, draft case evaluations and prepare status report correspondence;
· assist with and participate in mediations, pretrial settlement conferences and court appearances; and,
· interact directly with clients, claim professionals, opposing counsel, colleagues and staff.
To apply, please email your cover letter, CV, references and writing sample to Careers@cassiday.com.
St. Louis, MO
Cassiday Schade LLP, a mid-sized litigation firm, is recruiting for a part-time General Office Clerk to join its St. Louis, MO office.
General duties will include but are not limited to scanning, saving, and profiling documents into the firm’s Document Management System; filing both electronically and in the physical file; closing files; light typing; and other projects as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have general office experience (prior law firm experience is a plus but not required), possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office (be computer knowledgeable) and be a proficient typist.
Qualified candidates may submit applications electronically to email@example.com.
Cassiday Schade LLP is recruiting for a talented Accounts Payable Specialist. This role is responsible for monitoring and managing outstanding payables. This job requires heavy communication and excellent attention to detail in order to effectively resolve concerns that may arise within the workload. Our ideal candidate enjoys problem solving with team members and is effectively able to communicate with internal and external contacts. This is a high volume workload position where the ability to prioritize is key.
- Be a resource to both attorneys and secretaries to help navigate the accounts payable processing system (Chrome River)
- Review and approve vendor invoices and check requests within the accounts payable processing system
- Assist with expense reimbursement review and approval within the accounts payable processing system
- Review vendor statements to ensure all payables are accounted for within the accounts payable processing system
- Reconcile and record monthly credit card charges for the operating and travel account
- Allocate charges to client files for consolidated vendor invoices
- Record satellite office check registers
- Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements
- Compile vendor W-9s
- Prepare and process client refunds on reversed vouchers for previously billed costs
- Research aged uncashed checks and prepare unclaimed property letters
- Monitor client agreements to ensure correct payables processing
- Assist attorneys, team members and vendors with payables inquiries
- Cultivate and maintain positive vendor relationships
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to identify and reconcile discrepancies
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Fundamental Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Elite Enterprise experience desired
- Law firm background desired