- One Professional Center
2100 North Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
Brandon J. Kroft
Brandon J. Kroft is an administrative partner of the Indiana offices of Cassiday Schade LLP and severs on the firm’s Executive Committee. He is engaged in civil litigation in both Indiana and Illinois. He has taken cases through trial, and regularly handles complex matters ranging from transportation, construction defect and accident cases, product liability, professional liability and insurance coverage.
Mr. Kroft is often called upon by his clients to engage in and coordinate immediate response teams for catastrophic accidents, including transportation and construction matters. This includes working with clients and consultants to ensure preservation of evidence and developing defense strategy from the earliest possible moment.
Mr. Kroft is a member of the firm's Construction, Insurance, Product Liability and Transportation practice groups. He is also a former member of the firm's Hiring and Associate Evaluation Committees.
Representative matters handled by Mr. Kroft include:
- Successful trial defense of an ambulance company accused of negligence in the Lake County, Indiana Superior Court. Plaintiffs asked the jury for $3.1 million;
- First chair trial of breach of contract matter involving claims in excess of $1 million in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois;
- First chair of dram shop wrongful death matter against multiple parties in Lake County, Indiana. Successfully negotiated a high-low agreement on eve of verdict, resulting in significant savings to the represented defendant.
- Representation of contractor from mass litigation ensuing from the August 13, 2011, stage roof collapse at the Indiana State Fair. This matter involves claims by more than 60 plaintiffs with multiple lawsuits pending;
- Representation of construction companies in worksite accident and construction defect matters;
- Representation of trucking and bus companies in transportation cases, including immediate response to serious multi vehicle accidents;
- Representation of product manufacturers and vendors in product liability litigation, including the successful representation of a manufacturer in a multi-million dollar binding arbitration proceeding;
- Representation of companies from claims by competitors and former employees related to breach of contract and trade secrets matters;
- Representation of law firms, accountants, architects and design firms in negligence and malpractice cases, including a matter involving an alleged multi-million dollar hedge fund fraud;
- Representation of numerous commercial insurers in complex insurance coverage disputes; and
- Representation of privately held companies in commercial real estate and other business related matters.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Themis Advocates Group
- Lake County Indiana Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Super Lawyers Magazine – Indiana Super Lawyer 2018; “Rising Star” 2009 and 2010
- Northwest Indiana Times – 2012 20 Under 40 Class
- Member of Duneland School Corporation Board of Trustees
- Past Member Town of Chesterton Board of Metropolitan Police Commissioners and Board of Zoning Appeals
- President Duneland Education Foundation
- Member of Army Reserve and National Guard from 1991 to 1997